Kearney Park & Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Swim Lessons Level 4
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The Kearney Park & Recreation Department is coordinating the summer swim lesson program at Harmon and Centennial Swimming Pools. The lessons will follow the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim format. Class registration will be done through KPR by phone, mail, online, or in person at the KPR Office.
Guidelines to know before registering for classes:
- You may only register your child for one class at a time. Once the class has concluded, you may register for an additional class.
- Please register at least 3 working days before the start of the class.
- Class registration cannot be done at the swimming pools.
- Closely review the “prerequisites” of each class before registering to determine the level your child should be in.
To enter LEVEL 4, students must have passed Level 3 or be able to:
- Jump into deep water from the side, swim front crawl for 15 yards, maintain position by treading or floating for 30 seconds and swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards.
The American Red Cross Level 4 lessons are the equivalent of Fish in YMCA lessons.