Kearney Park & Recreation Department
Skip to nav
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Pre-requisites: To participate in the class, participants must pass the following pre-requisites:
- Continuously swim 300 yards (using the front crawl & the breaststroke).
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- In 1 minute & 40 seconds, you must swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10lb object from a depth of at least 7 feet, return it 20 yards and then exit the pool.
TO PASS the class, you must complete the following:
- Attend every class session.
- Participate in & complete all skill sessions.
- Pass the written exam(s) with at least an 80%
- Pass the final skill scenarios.
EVERY DAY please bring the following items:
- Swimsuit, towel & any personal items you may need after you swim.
- Pencil and any other note-taking utensils.
- Your lunch and any snack you might want throughout the day (or money to purchase as needed).